Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
*$3,000 Signing Bonus*
At Cypress Pointe Health & Wellness, our associates are our most valuable asset. Each associate provides a service that directly or indirectly affects patients, families, other team members, and the public. We strive to excel in providing the highest quality healthcare and customer service possible, which is incumbent upon the excellence and commitment of our leaders and caregivers.
Cypress Pointe is looking for a motivated Registered Nurse (RN) to become part of our Community’s management team as an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)! The ADON will support Cypress Pointe by directing, overseeing, and evaluating all clinical associates in delivering resident-centered quality care according to state/federal regulations.
- $3,000 Signing Bonus
- Very Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- 100% company-paid life insurance & LTD/AD&D insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurances (Hospital Indemnity, Cancer Policies, Legal Plans, & More!)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct, evaluate and supervise all resident care and initiate appropriate actions
- Make daily resident rounds and report status of resident status and nursing care to the Director of Nursing Service/Administrator
- Supervise and implement actions and goals developed in the residents’ Minimum Data Set (MDS) and care plan
- Collect resident pre-admission and/or admission information and assist Director of Nursing Service to determine appropriate level of care
- Supervise implementation of nursing restorative program
- Participate in analyzing Quality Measure reports, such as VIGOR, 5 Star and Casper Reports, and identify areas of opportunity to provide resident centered care.
- Review and analyze risk management reports to determine root cause(s) and plans of action
- Prepare, review and analyze Infection Control Report
- Review all orders for admitted/readmitted residents with “eyes on” skin assessment, validation that ordered medication is in house and available and all required equipment is in available and in place
- Direct and supervise scheduling of associates within established guidelines for allocation of nursing service personnel on duty
- Monitor that coordination of resident transportation to clinical appointments is in place
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Supervise central supply ordering between the charge nurses and business office
- Complete all scheduled in-services
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Assess resident equipment and supply needs, and make recommendations to the Director of Nursing Service
- Monitor and supervise implementation of the clinical systems and community policy and procedure.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as a RN
- One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.