Director of Social Services
Cypress Pointe is seeking a Director of Social Services for our Long Term Care and Rehabilitation Center. If you have passion for helping others and being an advocate for the residents in our community, then Cypress Pointe would be happy to have you join our team! Please see the job description below:
Purpose of this Position:
Support the successful execution of the The Springs mission and Core Values by improving or maintaining each resident’s ability to control everyday physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs.
- Creates a holistic perspective of each resident by recognizing the dynamic interplay of social, psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being
- Ensures the social and emotional needs of each resident are met
- Encourages and increases resident social contact and interaction
- Promotes the maximum level of independence of each resident
- Plans, develops, organizes implements, evaluates, and direct the social services program of the community
- Interviews resident and family during admission process to complete a social history and assessment of the resident, to identify problem areas, and to develop rapport
- Responsible for explaining and obtaining Advanced Directives (Directive to Physician, Medical Power of Attorney) with residents and families.
- Works with Nursing department to ensure accurate Do Not Resuscitate orders are obtained for residents.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for identifying the medically-related social and emotional needs of the patient.
- With qualified supervision or with the appropriate license, applies Social Work Theory, knowledge, methods, ethics and the professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of residents.
- Attends and participates in the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Meeting. Provides input regarding the patient’s psychosocial needs.
- Provides information to patient/families regarding Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the patient.
- Provides direct services to residents and families in community such as counseling and support.
- Completes required documentation (social history, social assessment, reassessments at the time of care plan or as condition changes.
- Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the patient and family.
- Coordinates with the patient/families to appropriate social service agencies while in the community if the community does not provide the services needed by the patient.
- Schedules medical appointments (and transportation), as required and in accordance with state and federal regulations, as directed by the physician.
- Reviews complaints and grievances and make necessary reports to the Administrator.
- Makes recommendations to the Administrator concerning the operation of the Social Services Department.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement of Social Services programs.
- Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards and makes recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Notifies families and/or patients of Care Plan meetings and documents.
Company-Wide Responsibilities :
- Live and support the Company’s mission and Core Values
- Represent the Company professionally at all times
- Ensure adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA confidentiality at all times
Traits, Skills & Competencies Required:
- Must possess a Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work, must be a licensed social worker in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of two (2) years of social work experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility.
- Traits/Skills/Other Requirements
- Must have outstanding organizational
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with associates, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Proficient in the use of computer systems (Word, Excel, Electronic Health Record system, etc.)
- Must have excellent command of English language.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions using discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to the Company.
- Must be in good standing with the Federal and State Government.