we are looking for a dedicated and experienced Maintenance Director to join our team at Sylvan Shores!
Purpose of this Position:
Support and enhance patient and employee (“associate”) safety by overseeing and operating a successful and compliant maintenance program.
- Provide safe, functional systems and facilities
- Reduce capital repairs
- Reduce unscheduled shutdowns and repairs
- Extend equipment life, thereby extending facility life
- Developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Maintenance function.
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures
- Have an indepth understanding of departmental policies and procedures as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations pertaining to maintenance and safety
- Ensure adherence to departmental policies and procedures and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Inspect the community daily to ensure that the grounds, facility and equipment are properly maintained
- Ensure that all hazards are properly identified, abated and documented in writing
- Inspect, maintain and test fire alarm/emergency systems and maintain appropriate documentation of test results
- Establish an effective preventative maintenance program
- Establish a priority system on unscheduled maintenance items
- Inspect and maintain community heating and cooling units/systems
- Assist in the development of the department budget
- Maintain an adequate levels of required supplies and equipment within budgeted levels
- Make recommendations to the Administrator concerning the operation of the department
- Serve on committees as requested or required
Company-Wide Responsibilities :
- Live and support the Company’s mission and Core Values
- Represent the Company professionally at all times
- Ensure adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA confidentiality at all times
Traits, Skills & Competencies Required:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a maintenance-related position.
- Traits/Skills/Other Requirements
- Knowledgeable in HVAC, compressor,
generators, as wellas various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of bulding codes and Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to the skilled nursing facilities/maintenance/safety
- Knowledgable in the use of computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have excellent command of English language.
- Must be in good standing with the Federal and State Government.
MODERATE TO HIGH-The Maintenance Director is at moderate/high level of risk for exposure to blood and body fluids.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment described herein is a representative of those that generally must be met by an employee (“associate”) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position primarily involves standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending/stooping, pushing and pulling (typical weight of 5 lbs. and maximum weight of 30 lbs., approximately), and lifting (minimum weight of 5 lbs. and maximum weight of 100 lbs., approximately)
- The position requires repetitive finger movements as well as hearing and talking on the phone and in person.
- Must be able to continuously deal effectively with stress created by residents, multiple tasks, noises, interruptions, and work cooperatively as part of the health care team while maintaining a pleasant attitude. Must be able to move frequently throughout the workday.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel and support agencies.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients.yaretsi castro
- Required to be on-call for for emergency situations.
- Required to work in adverse weather conditions.
- May be required to work in cramped spaces.