We are looking for a dedicated and detailed orientated MDS Coordinator to join our team at Cypress Pointe, please see the job description below:
Purpose of this Position:
To provide and coordinate the delivery of premier resident centered care to optimize profitability through the coordination and implementation of clinical, regulatory and reimbursement systems so the community’s financial and clinical objectives are met or exceeded.
- Community’s 5 Star Rating Quality Measure rating will be at 4 Star or higher.
- Timely and accurate completion of residents’ MDS and LTCMI assessments according to RAI, state and federal regulations
- Timely and accurate completion of residents’ MDS care plans
- Participate in the QOL, Q-Mix and Triple Check meetings conducted in the community.
- Follow systems, nursing standards and guidelines.
- Provides information and education to community employees (“associates”) on use of the RAI / PPS / VA processes and their correlation to resident care and reimbursement.
- Coordinate and oversee all functions of the MDS assessment process to assure accuracy and compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Timely and accurate completion of residents’ MDS assessments and care plans and take follow-up action as necessary.
- Participate in the pre-admission process to determine potential residents’ level of care and participate in resident level of care determination upon admission.
- Support the billing schedules and procedures.
- Be familiar with residents’ condition and care needs. Follow and educate community associates on the review process and provide recommendations to address potential areas of concern/opportunity, utilizing programs and reports on various state and company generated reports.
- State Missing
- State Validation report
- Community Casper Report ‑ QM’s
- 5 Star
- On-hold report
- Provide education to community associates on POC documentation, change of condition alerts; late and mid-loss ADL’s to support MDS and QM data elements.
- Update OIG binder and assist during OIG reviews and reconsideration process.
- Participate in clinical assignments for comprehensive reviews as part of community IDT.
- Follow-up on community visit, comprehensive recommendations from regional support associates and established survey plan of corrections.
- Conduct audits of each communities EHR/documentation systems to include but not limited to:
- PCC MDS Module ‑
Assessment Scheduler, ARD planner, 3.0 Batch and validation reports
- Assessment type, submission and timing of LTCMIs, PPS and OBRA assessments
- MDS item set components such as: risk management, physician’s orders, interviews, section GG, POC for ADL late and mid-loss ADL accuracy
- Significant Change Analysis Report/24 hour Summary ‑ run report for 72 hour period X2 to obtain a 6 day look back and review for anything that flags impacting care plans and potential significant change MDS’s
- Physician Orders, Physician certifications/recertification’s
- Clinical Dashboard review ‑care plan reviews, incomplete (overdue and due) care plans, diagnosis notifications, change in condition alerts and point of care completion
- Baseline Care Plans ‑ Initiated within 48 hours and reviewed/signed by RN
- UDA’s – for potential MDS opportunities
- Participates in the onboarding process for orientation for new community associates.
- Participates in all training as required including CEU 360, PCC, SimpleLTC/TMHP, Optima and company program rollouts.
- Provides information to regional operations, clinical and community management team on the status of clinical and financial reimbursement.
- Interview and hire appropriate individuals to perform tasks under his / her supervision.
- Supervise associates’ performance of assigned tasks in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Conducts daily (business day) PPS meetings
- Participates in weekly Q-Mix ( Utilization Review) meetings
- Participates in monthly Triple check meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the community administrator.
Company-Wide Responsibilities :
- Live and support the Company’s mission and Core Values
- Represent the Company professionally at all times
- Ensure adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA confidentiality at all times
Traits, Skills & Competencies Required:
- Current/valid Texas RN or LVN nursing license or a current/valid
RN/LVN/LPN license from a Compact Party State. (The RN/LVN may continue to practice under the
former home state license and multistate licensure privilege for a period not
to exceed thirty days.)
- CMAC certification or completion within 30 days of hire and renewal every 2 years.
- Successful completion of Texas State University training program. MDS coordinator must maintain current with the training (renewal every 2 years).
- Preferred Skilled Nursing Facility Experience as an MDS Nurse.
- Traits/Skills/Other Requirements
- Familiar with Reimbursement system
of Medicare, Medicaid & Case Management.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, both clinical and financial as it relates to the RAI process and reimbursement systems.
- Knowledge of the clinical software billing system and the MDS process.
- Proficient in use of computer systems (Word, Excel, Electronic Health Record system, etc.)
- Must have excellent command of English language.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions using discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to the Company.
- Must be in good standing with the Federal and State Government.