RN Charge Nurse
Do you love providing compassionate care to seniors? Our Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in need of a Registered Nurse to provide care for our Long-Term and Rehab residents. We are looking for a highly professional RN who is comfortable reassuring and communicating with patients, as well as caring for their needs. we offer a positive, upbeat work environment where our team works together for the good of our residents. We hope that you’ll want to be part of our team, if so please see the job description below:
Purpose of this Position:
To ensure that each patient’s attains or maintains the highest possible level of functioning by providing quality nursing care and by working with the interdisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
- Coordinate total nursing care to ensure the best possible quality of care for all patients.
- To provide an excellent internal and external customer experience at all times by acting with integrity, communicating clearly, and acting in a respectful and professional manner at all times.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of patients and associates at all times by following state, federal and community guidelines.
- To oversee assigned direct care associates and ensure that they meet expected performance levels and goals through on-going coaching and education.
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement community programs, policies and procedures
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and provide report to nurse coming on duty; record sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
- Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to supervisor and initiating corrective action
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action immediately
- Identify resident problems and emergency situations and initiate emergency care per physician’s orders in the absence of a physician
- Provide supervision to direct care associates providing direct resident care
- Attend staff meetings, in-service classes and committee meetings as assigned
- Review the Glucometer Control Log prior to testing for blood sugar levels
- Follow staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population
- Comply with community processes related to pain assessment/management/ documentation, providing treatments and delivering medications
- Administer and document direct resident care, medications and treatments per physicians’ orders and accurately record all care provided
- Provide instruction for appropriate nursing care to licensed nurses and Nursing Assistants
- Document assessment of residents as assigned as per your licensure. Report untoward findings to physician and your supervisor
- Observe the 5 RIGHTS of medication/treatment administration
- Promptly report changes in residents’ conditions to the physician, Director of Nursing Service and responsible party, and take follow-up action as necessary. Document notifications in resident’s clinical record.
- Follow Community admission procedures and communicate resident admission to other departments, including rehabilitation
- Competently perform basic nursing skills as per your licensure
- Follow Community discharge /transfer procedure/documentation and coordinate discharge/transfer with other departments, physicians and ancillary service providers
- Supervise response to resident’s call for assistance
- Listen to resident, family, or physician concerns and initiate corrective action and/or report concerns to Nursing Supervisor.
- Count narcotics, check emergency kit and exchange keys each shift
- Check meal trays and nourishment to monitor proper diet is served and residents are assisted as necessary
- Order, receive and store medications appropriately
- Observe community process related to signing out narcotic and administration thereof. This includes the process related to shift narcotic count and documentation thereof
- Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available, abnormal lab/X-Ray results and any other unusual observations
- Document daily notes on unstable residents/change in resident condition, Medicare residents and recently admitted residents
- Be responsible for the safety of residents and associates under his/her supervision
- Observe infection control procedures
- Perform all the duties of a certified nursing assistant when required
Company-Wide Responsibilities :
- Live and support the Company’s mission and Core Values
- Represent the Company professionally at all times
- Ensure adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA confidentiality at all times
Traits, Skills & Competencies Required:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an nurse in this state.
- Two years of nursing experience in an acute or post-acute setting preferred
- One year of experience supervising others preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, non-verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals
- Ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must be in good standing with the Federal & State government.