RN WEEKEND SUPERVISOR
· Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement community programs, policies, and procedures.
· Obtain report from nurse being relieved and provide report to nurse coming on duty; record sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action, as necessary.
· Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to supervisor and initiating corrective action.
· Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action immediately.
· Identify resident problems and emergency situations and initiate emergency care per physician’s orders in the absence of a physician.
· Provide supervision to direct care associates providing direct resident care.
· Observe community process related to signing out narcotic and administration thereof. This includes the process related to shift narcotic count and documentation thereof.
· Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available, abnormal lab/X-Ray results, and any other unusual observations
· Document daily notes on unstable residents/change in resident condition, Medicare residents and recently admitted residents.
· Be responsible for the safety of residents and associates under his/her supervision.
· Observe infection control procedures.
· Perform all the duties of a certified nursing assistant when required.
· Other duties as assigned.