Wellness & Life Enrichment Director
Cypress Pointe is looking for a loving, compassionate, and out going Certified Activity Director to organize activities and entertainment for our Residents. If you have a passion for serving Senior then Cypress Pointe is the place for you. Our brand new facility is set to open in January 2020
Purpose of this Position:
To afford each patient the opportunity to develop, enhance and/or maintain social, physical, mental and emotional skills by creating and overseeing a variety of entertainment and activities options tailored to individual needs and preferences.
- Ensure that patient’s individual needs and preferences are taken into account in order to incentivize them to participate in Activities programs.
- Plan and conduct Activities programs to enhance/maintain patients’ mental, emotional, social and physical skills and to assist their return to the community.
- Ensure that the Activities program is in compliance with state, federal and Company guidelines.
- To oversee Activities department staff members and ensure that they meet expected performance levels and goals through on-going coaching and education.
- Complete monthly calendars to reflect community programs.
- Assess and complete the sections of the MDS assigned completely, timely and accurately.
- Use the patient assessment protocols (RAPs) to determine whether to proceed to care planning for concerns related to a patient’s activity program needs.
- Identify and document the activity interests, needs, and concerns of the patient. Care plans reviewed and updated as necessary but at least quarterly.
- Document all interaction with patient and/or family in the assessment, care plan and progress notes as required by federal and state requirements.
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team
- Plan and assist facilitating Resident and Family Council meetings, as needed.
- Plan and implement evening, weekend and holiday functions as necessary.
- Attend in-service education programs and sessions relating to department.
- Recruit, schedule and supervise assistants and volunteers.
- Organize and schedule community events related to patients’ interests.
- Supervise barber and beauty parlor activities.
- Conduct room visits and in-room activities for patients unable to leave their rooms.
- Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and timely, including an electronic activity attendance record for each patient.
- Assess needs and maintain an adequate supply of materials for Activities programs.
- Be responsible for the safety of patients under his/her supervision.
- Balance the care for patients and associates with the cost of care.
Company-Wide Responsibilities :
- Live and support the Company’s mission and Core Values
- Represent the Company professionally at all times
- Ensure adherence to Resident’s Rights and HIPAA confidentiality at all times
Traits, Skills & Competencies Required:
- High School or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Two years of experience in a social or recreational program for seniors
- One year of experience supervising others preferred
- Traits/Skills/Other Requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, non-verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals
- Energetic/enthusiastic and positive demeanor
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- In good standing with Federal and State government